TABLE TENNIS ULSTER
DES FLANAGAN INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS ULSTER SERIES 2023/24
Saturday 20th January 2024
Hosted by Osmond TT Club
Venue – Elim Church Hall, Knock Road, Ballymoney BT53 6LX
Schedule – approx. times
OVER 40’s SINGLES 9.00 am
MIXED OPEN 1.00 pm
OVER 60’s SINGLES 1.00 pm
Players may not enter two events starting at the same time.
Check in will be 30 minutes before the scheduled start of your first event.
Entry fee – £12 per category or £20 if entering two categories. Entries to John Fall at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 07719 745936
Closing Date for entries – Friday 12th January 2024 @11pm
Tournament Referee: John Fall
Due to limited number of tables, entries will be restricted to 24 for each category. If more than 24 entries are received, players will placed on a waiting list.
1. A condition of entry to each event is that players agree to abide by TTU’s Code of Conduct which can be accessed on TTU’s website https://www.tabletennisulster.com/code-of-conduct/ .
2. All categories will be played on a Round Robin format for the first round. The top 2 in each group will progress to the second round. A consolation event will be held for players not qualifying for the second round. Matches will be the best of 5 games unless otherwise specified by the referee.
3. The final order in a group shall be determined as per ITTF regulation 3.7.5 for group competitions except that where a player concedes a match he/she shall receive -3 group points.
4. All players will be expected to umpire when required.
5. All players must report to the control table on arrival and must not leave the venue while still in the competition without first obtaining permission from the Referee.
6. The Tournament Referee reserves the right to alter the format of the draw, cancel any category and to restrict admission to the tournament venue. If a category is over-subscribed, then entries will be treated on a last in–first out basis.
7. Event Entry Restrictions: All players must be affiliated to the ITTA. Masters age restrictions – 40/60 years old by end of the calendar year in which tournament takes place.
8. All disputes will be dealt with by the tournament referee and/or TTU’s Events Committee whose decision will be final.
9. Prizemoney will be awarded to the winner and runner up in each category. Trophies will be awarded to the winner and runner up in each consolation event.
10. Ulster ranking points will be awarded in the Mixed Open and Over 40’s categories.
11. Play throughout will be on Donic and Joola tables. Make of balls to be confirmed.